Do Re Mi Four's
Age 4 by December 1 of the school year
Do Re Mi Academy’s alternative to ordinary preschool will uniquely captivate your child’s imagination and make learning a truly joyful experience. At the Do Re Mi Academy we believe children learn best when fostered in a loving and caring environment. The small group setting balances your child’s need for socialization with necessary focus and attention that each individual student requires. Our gifted staff at the Do Re Mi Academy is dedicated to excellence in instruction, environment and curriculum ensuring an enjoyable, enriching experience for your child’s first years of school.
Do Re Mi Four’s class is a play-centered/academic, Pre-K curriculum with an emphasis on kindergarten readiness skills and musical proficiency. There are six areas of development outlined as important in early learning: social-emotional, physical, cognitive, language, literacy, and mathematics. We focus our ‘Adventures in Music’ curriculum on developing a well-rounded skill set that leads children toward a successful entry to kindergarten.
Students will also explore many facets of the musical experience: speaking, singing, moving, dancing, listening, creating and playing instruments, as well as learning about reading and writing music. The Do Re Mi Four’s class will rotate into the piano lab twice a week for a half hour of piano instruction using the “Music for Little Mozart” series.
Daily activities include
- Explore and welcome time, when the teachers engage the class in free play activities accompanied by instrumental music playing in the background.
- Circle and gathering time, with activities like singing the Do Re Mi Hello Song, categorizing the weather, and reviewing the months and days of the week.
- Music and movement time, with thematic elements such as music and celebrations from different cultures around the world and at home.
- Workbook time for math and writing, story and reading time, arts and crafts.
- Every class wraps up with the Do Re Mi Goodbye Song.
- Piano lab once a week!
Your child will love the unique, artistic experience in the Do Re Mi Four’s class! Each student will graduate preschool with a well-rounded experience, readiness to enter kindergarten, and a beginning exposure to piano instruction!
- September through June school year
- Enrollment is on a space available basis
- Class A: Monday through Thursday, 12:15pm – 2:45pm
- Class B: Monday through Thursday, 12:45pm – 3:15pm