Do Re Mi Three's
Age 3 by December 1 of the school year
Academics and music combine to make an extraordinary preschool experience!
Do Re Mi Academy takes the ordinary and makes it extraordinary with our Do Re Mi Preschool programs, taught with a ‘music-immersion’ format. Our curriculum, teachers, and facility will uniquely captivate your child’s imagination and make learning a truly joyful experience. Your child’s natural curiosity will be encouraged in a nurturing and caring environment, while maintaining the freedom to develop at his/her own pace. The small group setting balances your child’s need for socialization with necessary focus and attention that each individual preschooler requires. The gifted staff at the Do Re Mi Academy is dedicated to excellence in teaching, ensuring an enjoyable, enriching experience for your child’s first years of school.
Do Re Mi Three’s is a creative and engaging ‘Adventures in Music’ curriculum that will promote learning through music, movement and dramatic play, with an introductory emphasis on academics. Students will experience a variety of enriching musical activities that will lay the foundation for more formal musical instruction continued in the Do Re Mi Four’s class and beyond. Academic features will include recognizing and tracing letters and numbers, recognizing and organizing shapes to create pictures, and understanding simple pathways and associations. Thematic elements in the curriculum are highlighted via songs, instrument play, and crafts. Examples of fun themes are “Seasons”, “Weather”, “Transportation”, “Animals Around the World”, “People in Our City” and “Instrument Families and the Orchestra”.
Daily activities include:
- Explore and welcome time, when the teachers provide engaging free play options such as blocks, puzzles, blackboards, and pretend play, with a background musical track to accompany activities.
- Circle and gathering time, with activities like singing the Do Re Mi Hello Song, categorizing the weather, and reviewing the months and days of the week.
- Music and movement time to encourage large motor skills, and various activities using instruments such as rhythm sticks, tone bars, and drums.
- Math and writing instruction, science units, story and reading time, arts and crafts.
- Every class wraps up with the Do Re Mi Goodbye Song.
Your child will love the unique, artistic experience in the Do Re Mi Three’s preschool! Students who continue to our Four’s program will also learn to play piano and recorder!
Now enrolling for the 2020-21 school year!
- September through June school year
- 36 weeks of instruction
- Class A: Tuesday through Thursday, 9:00am – 11:30am
- Class B: Tuesday through Thursday, 9:30am – 12:00pm
- Enrollment is on a space available basis
- Yearly tuition is based on 36 weeks of instruction and split into 10 equal monthly payments (Sept through June), or can be paid in full for the year. A last month tuition deposit is required at time of enrollment. We prorate for late starts and offer sibling discounts. Please contact us for current tuition information.