Ages 4 through 16
Do Re Mi Small Group Piano lessons offer a fun, friendly, and nurturing environment essential to ensuring each young student an enjoyable journey with instrumental lessons. The group social dynamic will both captivate and motivate your young student! All skill levels will find a place to thrive and grow musically at Do Re Mi Academy.
For our youngest students, our ‘Music for Little Mozarts’ program is perfect for 4-5 year olds interested in music and learning the piano. Led by a trained instructor, the students journey together through the adventures of learning to play piano with “Mozart Mouse” and “Beethoven Bear.” Students in kindergarten and beyond are taught using methods developed by Do Re Mi instructors through years of experience, to facilitate a rewarding music education in a small group setting.
Every child has their own piano to play while in class.
Our talented and experienced teachers want to help your child develop a lifelong joy for music!
Small Group Piano Lessons
Our small group format, with classes of 5-6 students, provides key benefits and experiences often missed in a traditional private lesson, such as:
- Limitless performance opportunities for students.
- Development of performance confidence and poise.
- Encourages critical listening and problem-solving skills.
- A dynamic learning environment that can challenge students to higher levels of preparation and commitment.
- Facilitates teamwork with duets, duos, multiple piano ensembles, etc.
- Prime environment for the study of piano technique.
- Social development: Children make friends and motivate one another.
- Bonus: Classes are fun and engaging – no boredom here!
- A year round program, there are 47 classes held over a calendar year.
- Classes are once a week for 55 minutes.
- Classes are continually being formed based on age, piano level and availability.
- Tuition is a yearly amount split into equal monthly payments. Lesson books are a separate fee. Paid tuition holds a student’s spot in a class.
- No membership fees or contracts required. We do have a 30 day withdrawal policy.
- Non-beginners entering the studio for the first time can demonstrate his/her level and then be placed into the appropriate class.
- Two fun recitals are planned each year – one at the Academy in the winter, and a big stage production at a local theater in the spring.
- Please contact us for current schedules and tuition info.
We want your child’s musical education to be a rewarding experience! If you are unsure whether or not your child will enjoy a specific instrument or lessons in general, we encourage a minimum 1-month trial period. Starting any new physical movement takes repetition and practice. The learning curve is steep in the first few weeks, therefore in order to get a clear picture of whether you have made the right choice, at least 8 consecutive weeks of lessons is advised. However, if you choose to withdraw for any reason after the first month, we will refund your paid tuition. The materials fee for books cannot be refunded.