Age 18 months by September 1 of the school year
This drop off preschool program combines music and beginning academics for a truly extraordinary experience!
Do Re Mi Academy takes the ordinary and makes it extraordinary with our Do Re Mi Preschool programs, taught with a ‘music-immersion’ format. Your child’s natural curiosity will be encouraged while maintaining the freedom to develop at his/her own pace. The small group setting balances your child’s need for socialization with necessary focus and attention that each individual preschooler requires. The gifted staff at the Do Re Mi Academy is dedicated to excellence in instruction, environment and curriculum ensuring an enjoyable, enriching experience for your child’s first years of school.
Toddler Discovery is a play-centered ‘Adventures in Music’ curriculum that will feature learning primarily through music and movement. Children will engage in a variety of creative activities and themes, with age appropriate emphasis on recognizing letters, colors, and shapes. In the Do Re Mi Toddler Discovery preschool, lessons will encourage social and emotional development, language development, large and small motor skills, cooperation, listening, and sharing. The daily schedule will include explore time, music and movement time, simple craft and snack, story time, indoor games and tumbling exercise.
Daily activities include:
- Explore and welcome time, when the teachers provide engaging free play options such as blocks, puzzles, blackboards, and pretend play, with a background musical track to accompany exploration.
- Circle and gathering time, with activities like singing the Do Re Mi Hello Song, listening and moving to animal sounds, and learning to tap a beat with rhythm sticks.
- Music and movement time to encourage large motor skills, and various learning activities using instruments such as rhythm sticks, triangles, tambourines, and drums.
- Beginning introduction to letters, numbers, colors, and shapes through tracing, coloring, and fun crafts.
- Weekly activities center around a theme, whether it’s drumming the beat to the sounds of a clock ticking for a unit on time, or running like a cat and tiptoeing like a mouse to reinforce slow and fast beats for a unit on animals.
- Parents are invited to join class for the last 5 minutes and participate in a musical goodbye activity.
Your child will love the fun and excitement of the Toddler Discovery Class! If your child continues to our Three’s and Four’s program they will also learn the recorder and the piano.
Now enrolling for the 2020-21 school year!
- September through June school year
- 36 weeks of instruction
- Schedule: Monday and/or Friday, 9:30am -11:30am
**For Toddler Discovery, you can choose 1 or 2 days per week**
- Enrollment is on a space available basis
- For Toddler Discovery, you can choose 1 or 2 days per week
- Yearly tuition is based on 36 weeks of instruction and split into 10 equal monthly installment payments (Sept through June) or can be paid in full for the year. A last month tuition deposit is required at time of enrollment and is applied as the last tuition installment in June. Monthly payments are an equal installment amount, regardless of number of instruction weeks/days in a month, as each payment is applied toward the yearly tuition balance. Breaks and non-instruction days are outlined in the school year calendar. We prorate for late starts and offer sibling discounts. Please contact us for current tuition information.